Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Sneaky Broccoli Alfredo


 
So my little guys don't enjoy veggies (big surprise I know).
So I decided to try out the tried and sometimes true method of sneaking them in. In this case it worked. Yay!
 
 

Here is the quick and easy way I managed this oh so hard meal (note the sarcasm).
 
What you need:
 
And a blender of some kind.
 
 
While water is heating up to cook pasta, I like to put my broccoli in the microwave in my veggie steamer (but steaming on stove works too).
 
I gather a mixing bowl, whisk, alfredo sauce, sour cream, and any other spices I feel like using.
 
Then I break up the mini dispute the boys have invariably started.
 
Take steamed broccoli and puree smooth.
 
Combine: broccoli, alfredo sauce, sour cream, and spices. Whisk smooth. If needed add some milk to thin out.
 
Add to pasta. And test out on the critics.
 
 
 
And it's a hit! They don't suspect a thing.
Whoohoo!!!
 
Hopefully there will be more sneaky food items to come  =)
 
 
*Side note: We do try to have boys eat veggies on their own, without tricking them. This is to make up for the times when they won't eat them.




No comments:

Post a Comment