Monday, October 19, 2015

Fall Vignette

Vignette
A vignette is a brief but powerful scene. A good vignette leaves you wanting more.

 

To get myself excited about fall (aside from spraying the house like crazy with cinnamon apple spray), I was inspired to make a vignette in my dining room.

From watching all those fun design shows on hgtv, I was reminded that a beautiful vignette does not have to be super matchy matchy. In fact, it is better to find things that are complimentary.

So I had a goal, and only a small window of time to do it (it was nap time, yay!).

As fast (and quietly) as I could, I went around the house grabbing all kinds of things that might work. Looking in closets and drawers. Paintings, candles, little toys, vases, and leaves rounded out some of the things I grabbed.

Once I had my loot, I started to play around with what should go where.
I tried not to only use the typical fall colors. So I found some pretty blue items to tie into the sky of the mountain painting that became sort of the focus along with the lovely round fall plate.
 
 
 
Overall I'm happy with how it turned out. I look at it and it reminds me of lovely memories. 
 
 
But if I get tired of a particular item, I can always switch it out for something else  (which I have).
 
The best compliment came from my four year old son. He was sitting at the dining room table eating, and looked over and asked if I had made that. I said yes. He said it was beautiful. Then he enthusiastically told his daddy all about it.
 
Moments like that melt my heart.
 
I hope you are inspired this Fall, and create something beautiful!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment