Thursday, October 8, 2015

Grateful vs. Overwhelmed

I'm tired.

My energy level is close to nonexistent.

But there are things to do. Kids to entertain and take care of. Chores piling up. Ministries we are apart of. Meals to fix (and hope the vegetables are eaten). Throw in some schooling, and these are just some of the things floating at the top of my head.

What has to be done, verses what can be pushed back for a little bit?

Life can be overwhelming.

But it doesn't have to be.

For me to not start the slippery slope of complaining, it seems to help to have things in perspective.

What am I grateful for on this day?

(Takes a few moments to jot some things down)

Just writing down some things I am grateful for, puts things into perspective a little bit and reminds me of how blessed I am.

I don't want to get so caught up in trivial things trying to fit the mold of this world that I lose focus on what is important.

Faith. Family. Friends.

I have a God who loves me. My family is taken care of and happy. We have what we need, and sometimes a little extra. We are blessed. I am blessed.

Today I choose to be grateful.
But if I do get overwhelmed (which I will, because I'm human and just sometimes life can be hard), I trust that God will hold me in His arms and give me some of His strength.

Prayer to start my morning:

Heavenly Daddy,

Thank you for another day to serve you.

Thank you for my family.
Please help me to be the wife and mom you want me to be.
Help me when I can't.

Thank you for providing for us.
Help us to bless others.

Thank you for all the wonderful people in our lives.
Help us to love those no one wil.

Thank you for protecting my heart.
Please help me and my family to stay focused on you.

I love you.
Amen.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Isaiah 40:27-31 (msg)

Why would you ever complain, O Jacob, or, whine, Israel, saying, “ God has lost track of me. He doesn’t care what happens to me”?

Don’t you know anything? Haven’t you been listening?

God doesn’t come and go. God lasts.

He’s Creator of all you can see or imagine. He doesn’t get tired out, doesn’t pause to catch his breath. And he knows everything, inside and out. He energizes those who get tired, gives fresh strength to dropouts.

For even young people tire and drop out, young folk in their prime stumble and fall.

But those who wait upon God get fresh strength.

They spread their wings and soar like eagles, They run and don’t get tired, they walk and don’t lag behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment